• Understanding the Pre-treatment evaluation protocol for the
patient with terminal dentition.
• Understanding the preoperative discussions with the laboratory
for the fabrication of the immediate denture needed for the
conversion to a fixed provisional prosthesis.
• Understanding the sequence of the surgical treatment for
immediate implant placement including tilted and the Zygoma
The evaluation of patients for immediate loading who have
with terminal dentition, especially in the maxilla, may at times
be challenging. This presentation will introduce and showcase
simple pre-operative techniques to predictably evaluate the type
of final prosthesis needed for this group of patients. Patients
generally are presented with treatment plans to undergo
removal of their teeth followed by several months of wearing a
nonfunctional full denture as the alveolar ridge heals. This is an
uncomfortable phase of their treatment and therefore, many
patients who may be presented with this treatment option
chose not to have any form of treatment performed.
In this presentation, several cases will be shown to demonstrate
the efficacy of immediate loading the terminal dentition patient
eliminating the denture wearing phase. This presentation will
outline an efficient and predictable treatment protocol allowing
for a higher case acceptance by the patient with terminal dentition.
This presentation will:
• Introduce the Zones of the maxilla
• Present the factors to consider when placing axial, tilted,
reversed tilted and the zygoma implant in reconstruction of the
• Review preoperative determination of the reasons and the
technique for alveoloplasty prior to implant placement
• Discuss the algorithm to achieve adequate insertion torque
• Review the SRA abutment and its role in the immediate
conversion of the patient’s denture to a fixed provisional
• Provide a hands-on opportunity. Participants will become familiar
with the armamentarium as well as place zygomatic implants on
the provided maxilla models under Dr Bedrossian’s directions.