Things to do in San Francisco
Hop-Hop Hop-Off Sightseeing Tour
The perfect way to see and explore San Francisco
Explore at your own pace, start the tour at any stop during hours of operation your ticket is valid for 24 or 48 hours and includes unlimited ride during their hours of operation.
- Hours of Operations: 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Price: 1 Day Tour – Classic Ticket: Adult $50.00 / Child $30.00 (ages 5-15)
- 2 Day Tour – Dynamite Ticket: Adult $60.00 / Child $40.00 (ages 5-15)
- Panoramic Night Tour: Adult $30.00 / Child $20.00 (ages 5-15)
- Sausalito Tour & Ferry Combo: Adult $45.00 / Child $30.00 (ages 5-15)
- Alcatraz Combo Package: Adult $140.00 / Child $100.00 (ages 5-15)
(Includes 48 hour ticket, Panoramic Night Tour, and ticket to Alcatraz)
Blazing Saddles Bike Rentals & Tour
Bike the Bridge: Ride the bike path over the Golden gate
Bridge to Sausalito/Tiburon and return via Ferry (Fun for the whole family)
- 7 Locations in San Francisco
- Hour of Operations: 8:00 am – 8:00 pm everyday
- No reservation needed
- Ferry Ticket not included
- Two hour minimum on all rentals
- Prices varies depending on the type of bike you rent:
Standard Mountain/Hybrid Bike - $8.00 an hour / $32.00 for 24 hours
- Daily Guided Tours available: Tours depart daily at 10:00 am and 1:00 pm from their 2715 Hyde
Price includes all-day Deluxe Comfort bike rental.
Adult $55.00 / Child $35.00 (12 & under)
A Taste of San Francisco & Beyond – Muir Woods & Sausalito Tour
Drive past the Palace of Fine Arts and The Presidio and cross the Golden Gate
Bridge heading north round Mt. Tamalpais. Explore the marked trails on your own for a
minimum of 60 minutes.
Stroll through the streets & along the waterfront. Spend time exploring art studios,
galleries, cafes, boutiques, arcades & historic parks. A taste of San Francisco & Beyond will
return you to the Westin St. Francis hotel. Should you want more time in Sausalito, you can take
a ferry to return to San Francisco on your own.
- The tour lasts approximately 4 hours and runs daily at 8:30 am & 1:30 pm
- $59.00 per adult, $57.00 per senior (ages 65+) & $39.00 per child (ages 5-11) (Park entrance & ferry fees NOT included in the above prices. Active military and National Park Pass holders enter for free.)
California Academy of Science
California Academy of Science in Golden Gate Park– Discover an aquarium, rainforest,
planetarium and natural history museum – all under one living roof.
- Hours of operation: Monday – Saturday - 9:30am – 5:00pm, Sunday - 11:00am – 5:00pm
- Price: Adult $34.95 (ages 18-64) Child $24.95 (ages 4-11) Senior (ages 65 +), Youth (ages 12-17) & Student $29.95
- Located in Golden Gate Park approximately 5 miles from hotel, accessible by car or public transportation. For more information visit www.calacademy.org/visit/getting_here or call 415- 397-8000
- Unlimited tickets, no reservation needed.
Alcatraz Cruises is one of the most popular tourist attraction in San Francisco.
Step back in time and experience the legendary island that has been a civil war fort, a military
prison and one of the most notorious federal penitentiaries in US history.
- Hours of operation: 8 am – 7 pm
- Price: Adults (18+) Day tour $35.50 Junior (ages 12-17) Day tour $35.50 Child (ages 5-11) Day tour $21.75 Senior (62+) Day tour $33.50
- Departures from Pier 33 – 15 minutes cab ride from the Westin St. Francis hotel (1.6 miles)
- Every Alcatraz experience includes bay cruise to and from island, video presentation and audio tour.
- Advance ticket purchase recommended (Alcatraz tours fill up quickly, so book your tickets early)
Ball Park Tours - Home of the San Francisco Giants
- Take a behind-the-scenes tour of the splashy home of the 2014 World Champion San Francisco
Giants and see the sights only the players get to see!
Including: The field, batting cages, visitors' clubhouse, press box & luxury suites
*Tours subject to change*
- Tours are available year-round
- Tours run daily at 10:30 am and 12:30 pm (except during Giants day games)
*Additional times available during June/July/August*
- Price: Adult $22.00 Senior $17.00 (55+) Kids $12.00 (12 & under)
- 15 Minutes cab ride from the Westin St. Francis hotel to AT&T Park (1.8 miles)
Step into a colorless world. Play a video game with a social twist. Discover
hundreds of intriguing exhibits, indoors and out, plus the Bay Observatory, Tactile Dome and
Tinkering Studio. Visit spectacular Pier 15 location on San Francisco's Embarcadero and explore!
- Hours of Operation: Tuesday – Sunday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm Thursday Evening (18+): 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm Monday: Closed except select Monday holidays Special Summer Hours: Open every Monday in July and August
- Price: Adults $29.00 (ages 18-64) Seniors, People with disabilities, Teachers, Students, Youth (ages 13-17) $24.00 Youth $19.00 (ages 4-12) Children (3 & under) Free
- 15 minutes cab ride from the Westin St. Francis hotel to Pier 15 (1.5 miles)
- Public Transit via MUNI: Muni's F Market streetcar stops in front of the Exploratorium at Embarcadero and Green Street. Muni bus lines 2, 6, 14, 21, 31, and metro rail lines J, K, L, M, T, N stop within walking distance. Bus lines 1, 10, 12, 41, and 38 also stop in the vicinity.
Children's Creativity Museum
Children's Creativity Museum builds on the conventional
children's museum environment of play by inspiring visitors to imagine, create and share. The
museum provide multimedia arts and technology tools for kids to nurture creativity, encourage
collaboration and spark communication.
- Admission: Adults and Children $12.00 Children two years old and under: Free
- Summer Hours: Wednesday – Sunday, 10:00am – 4:00pm Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
- Location: 221 Fourth Street (4th & Howard in Yerba Buena Gardens) 10 minutes' walk from the Westin St. Francis hotel (approximately 7 blocks walking)
Aquarium of the Bay at Pier 39
Aquarium of the Bay is a public aquarium located at
Embarcadero and Beach Street, at the edge of Pier 39
- Admission: Adults (ages 13-64) $24.95 Children (ages 4-12) & Seniors (65+) $14.95 Family rate (2 Adults + 2 Children) $68.00
- Location: Pier 39, 2 Beach Street (15 minutes cab ride from the Westin St. Francis hotel)(2 miles)
- Please visit their website to view hours of operation for the whole year www.aquariumofthebay.org/plan-a-visit/hourslocation